TIPS FOR A SMOOTH AND SUCCESSFUL MOVE
Moving can be a quick and simple process, especially with the help of an excellent moving company. The following tricks, insider secrets, and tips will surely give you added edge in order to ensure that your entire move is successful and smooth.
- Use this opportunity and have an effective ‘clear out’. You can have a quick yard sale, go to ‘car boot sale’ with everything you don’t want or need. You can even consider giving local charity shops a boost. Either way, it will surely make your move much easier and cheaper.
- Label all the boxes. Fortunately, our boxes do come with labels on them.
- Make sure that you put heavier items into smaller boxes. You should never over pack your box.
- One room, one box. Use the same box packing a same room. With this, unpacking will become easier for you.
- Tell the movers which boxes should be unloaded first so that they will load them last on their trucks.
- You should always use quality packing paper. Paper packing will help avoid smears and stains on your belongings.
- Everything should be packed before the moving day. Moving day is supposed to be for loading.
- Order as much boxes for you will never know when you will need extras. Our company will see to it that we will take unused boxes back, so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Box comes in different sizes. When choosing boxes, be sure that you will get range of sizes. Get wardrobe boxes, lots of medium sized boxes, and lots of tiny boxes as well.
- Never use foam peanuts to pack your computer – they can cause some damages because of the generated static electricity.
- Get one of the movers to do last walk round the house before you leave to spot items you have left behind.
- Write ‘OPEN FIRST’ on boxes with essential items and ‘DO NOT MOVE’ on boxes that you are planning to take with you.
Let’s Get Moving
- Your new house must be cleaned before moving in, it’s easier that way.
- Try moving on weekday. It’s less busy, and it may be even cheaper, and you can also reach out the contacts you need if there’s any problem.
- Inform the movers about the boxes that contain fragile things even if you’ve labeled them clearly. Our company will take care of that in the most professional and smooth manner possible.
- Before the movers arrive, see to it that all your containers and boxes are stacked properly and neatly inside the room, you should leave the movers enough room to move around and maneuver. This in turn speeds up the task.